Attempts by other cheap Asian airlines such as Mihin Lanka, Nok Air & Fly Yeti to operate low cost flights across the Bay of Bengal, linking South Asia with Southeast Asia have so far all failed. Only the Indian LCC AI Express currently links Thailand & Singapore to India & Bangladesh.
Cheap Flights Asia: Low Cost, No Frills
Low Fare, & Budget Airlines in Asia
News and Offers:
attitude Travel Special Offers & TraveloguePssst... You can follow our @attitudeTravel updates on Twitter...
- RT @AlisonMonkhouse: @attitudeTravel oh dear - well deserved drink on arrival I think!
- KIRKBURTON: At last! Time for a well-deserved finish-line pint at The Royal. ^AL (@ The Royal) http://t.co/ANuKGaBTAn
- STOCKSMOOR: Last stretch of the TransPennine Trail to Kirkburton. Only 2 miles to go...! ^AL [pic]: http://t.co/S3xQiqY56j
- Yes, it is. But it's spiced up by being rained on heavily en-route and then being puddle-drenched by a passing motorist. @AlisonMonkhouse
- RT @AlisonMonkhouse: @attitudeTravel goodness - that's a long walk!
- PENISTONE: Within sight of the finish line at last! But my feet are properly aching. Does this count as cheating? ^AL http://t.co/VdzrwvYwcr
- GRENOSIDE: South Yorkshire...! ^AL (@ Grenoside) [pic]: http://t.co/olaSJJbFIt
- PITSMOOR: Already heading up into the hills. That was quick...! ^AL (@ Christ Church) [pic]: http://t.co/nVgX8BF8sQ
- SHEFFIELD: A monument to the 1864 Loxley Valley Flood - thought to have claimed the lives of 293 people. ^AL [pic]: http://t.co/yjWAShdwoq
- SHEFFIELD: Now on the Upper Don Walk on my way out of Sheffield... ^AL (@ Upper Don Walk) [pic]: http://t.co/7zVNVFp1kD
- SHEFFIELD: That's enough coffee. Time to find the TransPennine Way trailhead & walk to Kirkburton...! ^AL http://t.co/tyxRCJk6cB
- SHEFFIELD: Thanks again, Travelodge (http://t.co/X1XufLXQip)! A city-centre double en-suite for £33? Not bad! ^AL http://t.co/rXTzyAxiF5
- SHEFFIELD: No food at Travelodge (http://t.co/X1XufLXQip) last night... so I ate at Ibis (http://t.co/SSJDbQfqJj) ^AL http://t.co/SptQhWqQmV
- SHEFFIELD: Is Northern Rail from Wakefield Kirkgate cheaper than CrossCountry from Westgate. No. £9.10 o/w. Hmmm. ^AL http://t.co/a0eslBvui7
- WAKEFIELD: Over 5hrs to walk the 15 mile Leeds to Wakefield footpath. Surprised. Glad to make it before the rain. ^AL http://t.co/lOwwcGck6l
- WAKEFIELD: Quite unexpected. The Jubilee Gardens 2012 in the centre of Wakefield. It's tiny but I love it! ^AL [pic]: http://t.co/OC0fQVvVKb
- WOODLESFORD LOCK: A curious swan investigates the houseboats moored at Woodlesford Lock... ^AL [pic]: http://t.co/1tlcOo6Rtx
- LEEDS: Thwaite Mills is a fully-restored Victorian watermill, built for its own self-sufficient island community. ^AL http://t.co/vsWc231ySv
- LEEDS: Hmm. Well. The bike is out of action. But I still have 2 legs. Setting off on foot. No guts, no glory. ^AL http://t.co/eDwWZUotpp
- LEEDS: That's the railway part of today's adventure complete... now off to find my bike! ^AL (@ nationalrailenq) http://t.co/yBCIRBBhcg
- SHEFFIELD: After our long sunny weekend in Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire, a ginger beer at lovely Sheffield Quays! ^AL http://t.co/czaG1t16tW
- SHEFFIELD: Only 1hr from Nottingham on Northern Rail (http//sn1p.at/northern) & just £5 o/w! ^AL (@ nationalrailenq) http://t.co/e200JTiwpd
- Heh. Let's just say staying at the Nottingham Britannia feels a bit like an opportunity to play "Life on Mars" @shampshire
- RT @shampshire: @attitudeTravel Are they inventing new circles of hell now? I thought Travelodge was pretty much the limit of Satan's ingen…
- NOTTINGHAM: I'm sure the Britannia (http://t.co/qpP8s5zU0L) in Birmingham wasn't as uniquely memorable as this. ^AL http://t.co/9sP8i6HcQr
- NOTTINGHAM: 17 tries & I got the iron ring on the bull-horn in "Baiting the Bull" in "Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem" ^AL http://t.co/OAtjlvLJw2
- NOTTINGHAM: "Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem" is a remarkable pub & a must visit... It's the oldest Inn in England...! ^AL http://t.co/XUXetVKawY
- NOTTINGHAM: We enjoyed sampling spiced Keralan dishes at this independent South Indian restaurant this evening... ^AL http://t.co/AHl1GN4dSk
- NOTTINGHAM: An "Espresso Bar"? Nice touch, John Lewis. ^AL (@ Espresso Bar John Lewis) http://t.co/4bEgPPx5IC
- NOTTINGHAM: Hmm. At £27 for an en-suite it's like Travelodge (http://t.co/X1XufLXQip). But it's no Travelodge! ^AL http://t.co/bEwJ8gp6zm
- DERBY: Now heading for Nottingham. £6.40 o/w on East Midlands Trains (http://t.co/T9XKuXxwVO) ^AL http://t.co/FAij0HzhDo
- DERBY: The Cathedral of All Saints stands on a the same site as a Saxon church built by King Edmund I in AD 943. ^AL http://t.co/qvWKthHW6y
- DERBY: This stylish bookshop & brunch venue is a brilliant place to head for in central Derby...! ^AL [pic]: http://t.co/D1QOl09tn1
- DERBY: The UK's only Hallmark Inn has en-suite doubles with free tea, coffee & WiFi for £24.50pppn - not bad! ^AL http://t.co/5hDDkDeTyg
- DERBY: Staying at the Hallmark Inn (http://t.co/ZuSDmbOGY8) tonight. That's 2 new budget hotels in 1 weekend! ^AL http://t.co/Fuc9JqOj2z
- MATLOCK BATH: Now heading back to Derby. Just 30mins direct on East Midlands Trains (http://t.co/T9XKuXxwVO) ^AL http://t.co/7wJmJOpHZu
- MATLOCK BATH: What a brilliant little spa town! Beautiful riverside walks, fish n' chips & ice cream! ^AL [pic]: http://t.co/QXlcBIB3yF
- MATLOCK BATH: By the Derwent, beyond the Grand Pavillion, we appear to have stumbled into a "Mediaeval Fayre"... ^AL http://t.co/67cDB4kPDA
- CRICH: The Tramway Village is a fantastic day out... it's like a miniature Beamish in Derbyshire! ^AL [pic]: http://t.co/TYMspRQuSJ
- CRICH: A magificent "Victorian" view from the Bowes-Lyon Bridge at Crich Tramway Museum... ^AL http://t.co/qweAGK9iiJ
- CRICH: After disembarking from the tram at Wakebridge we ventured along the Woodland Walk to find the Green Man ^AL http://t.co/LuCarjShFm
- CRICH: Steak & Ale Pie topped with Mushy Peas! Honest 1910's fayre at the Red Lion Hotel. ^AL [pic]: http://t.co/E1WHn7hKVS
- AMBERGATE: This village, where the Amber & Derwent rivers meet, was called Toadmoor until the early 19th century ^AL http://t.co/cw280eYPC6
- DERBY: Off to explore south Derbyshire! First up, a train to Ambergate. £4.70 o/w on http://t.co/T9XKuXxwVO ^AL http://t.co/ngFrUA5xoU
- DERBY: 2000yrs ago, the Roman fort Derventio. Founded AD 80. Decommissioned in AD 120 leaving the surrounding camp... http://t.co/bj0Dei5mbo
- Thanks @AlisonMonkhouse! We didn't & now we're exploring the East Midlands! ^AL
- RT @AlisonMonkhouse: @attitudeTravel don't miss your train!
- DERBY: At the Ramada Encore (Ramada's budget brand). Spare & functional. Just £21pppn at http://t.co/qNj1WgfsR1 ^AL http://t.co/dteABJOQK1
- DERBY: Probably the hottest pizza I've ever tasted... ^AL (at @PizzaExpress) [pic]: http://t.co/mqbYks1Nww
- DERBY: Made it to Derby - just £17.50 o/w from Huddersfield on Northern Rail & CrossCountry. Not bad! ^AL http://t.co/jO8aG6KPtI
- WAKEFIELD: Definitely the better of this town's 2 stations. About to ride the super-smooth Cross Country to Derby ^AL http://t.co/I45HbuNcc2
- HUDDERSFIELD: Setting off now for Wakefield Westgate on Northern Rail (http://t.co/CgubaLK5TZ) ^AL http://t.co/JYoE6SXZnP
- HUDDERSFIELD: The "Head of Steam" is an excellent railway station pub - & a fine place to commence any adventure! ^AL http://t.co/DfbDw8rU1v
- LEEDS: Setting off by train on a secret adventure to explore the East Midlands...! ^AL http://t.co/C14ey1H4ir
- SWAZILAND: Now you can plan flights to Manzini on your phone - try out http://t.co/aFryIcFXAV & tell us what you think!
- It's looking very likely! ^AL @knoydartferry
- RT @knoydartferry: A pleasure, @attitudeTravel - we love that you keep coming back! Will you see us (http://t.co/dP1LigLrXP) again in May?
- Thanks @HD8Network for your RT about the Kirklees Light Railway Steam Train - we loved it!! ^AL
- PRESTON: Mallaig to Glasgow, Glasgow to Preston... & now the last leg of the journey home to Leeds! ^AL http://t.co/AwOUCI3ZHn
- MALLAIG: Now heading south on the West Highland Line to Glasgow. £15.70 o/w on ScotRail (http://t.co/CPtYoEs4gs) ^AL http://t.co/fkENud3bBK
Sri Lanka's only low fare airline, grounded for most of 2008, expects to take to the skies again in December.
Mihin Lanka is uniquely placed to offer inter-regional low cost routes linking the Persian Gulf to Southeast Asia. But the revived carrier will now face increased competition from aggressively expanding low cost rivals AI Express and Air Asia.
India's pioneering no-frills airline Air Deccan has been swallowed up whole by Vijay Mallya's Kingfisher. The phoenix rising from Deccan's ashes is Kingfisher Red.
Crucially, this means that what was once the cheapest air network in India has now been superceded by leaner, meaner competitors such as spiceJet, IndiGo and also GoAir, based out of Goa. And in India, of course, there's always the train...
Where does each Low Cost Asian Airline fly?
Choose a destination or departure country from the map below.
Airlines are listed under the countries in which they are based. Clicking on each airline will bring up the full list of destination and departure countries for each budget airline.
Coming soon: Low Cost Route Tables!
The attitude Travel low cost route tables are a new reference tool designed to save you time and help you plan low cost itineraries quickly and easily. We're delighted to announce that the low cost route tables are close to launching. Here's a taster of what's coming soon...
Asian Budget Airlines - Quick Reference
Sixty-one no-frills and low fare airlines currently serve over one hundred cities and islands across the subcontinental regions of South Asia, Southeast Asia and Northeast Asia. Some budget carriers only fly domestic routes within their country of origin, others operate international routes, connecting nearby countries. Mid-haul and long-haul discount airlines fly to destinations in Asia from Australia or New Zealand, the Middle East or Europe. Here's the complete at-a-glance list of low cost airlines operating cheap flights across Asia: